Tuesday 11 February 2014

Mae'r eira wedi cyrraedd / We have snow in Newtown

Mae'r eira wedi cyrraedd a mae pobman yn edrach yn hyfryd. Mae'r haul allan rwan a'r eira yn dadmar yn araf bach.

The view from my study window is beautiful this morning with the snow covering the hill above and all the rooftops.
I wish I had time to go off to find a good walk… I miss my regular walk by the river, up towards Rhiwlas, to Llanfor and back to Bala… a lovely nature walk which took me approx 2 hours… an hour and a half when I ran parts of it (the downhill parts!)
Finding a walk in Newtown was on my priority list but alas it has made it's way to the bottom of that list! It will happen…!

I think I confused some of you with my Kerry experience in my last blogg… Let me explain… I had a meeting in Kerry with the Church Wardens of the four churches Alex will be looking after. They forgot to mention that the meeting was to take place at Mitzy's house… and so I found a locked church and no Church Wardens!
I walked around the venue for a good 1/4 hour and having given up I crossed the road back to my car… and there I saw the Church Wardens sitting in Mitzy's dinning room… next door to the Church. And so we eventually had our meeting!

It was a good meeting and an ideal opportunity to meet some of the Church Wardens properly and to get more of a feel for the Deanery/Mission Area of Cedewain.

Yesterday's meeting with Archdeacon Peter and my new colleagues, Pam and Toni (Area Deans in the Archdeaconery), was another opportunity to learn more about the workings of the Archdeaconary of Montgomery.

Today I have my first funeral in my group of Parishes - at St Llwchaiarn Church, Llanllwchaiarn. I'm glad that I'm a Welsh speaker - otherwise I think I would be struggling to pronounce this name! And so I am working with new undertakers, new vergers etc and learning how to work together - they'll soon get used to me and my ways!

My desk is busy and untidy… not at all how i like it to be… there are pieces of paper, lists etc etc… needing attention and I am thinking to myself - when am I going to find time to do this, that and the other…? I will find the time… of course… but I like to do things yesterday and not tomorrow!

I am busy learning new names… and trying my best to remember them - not an easy task for me as I struggle to remember names! We had holy Communion at All Sain's this morning, Wyn joined us, and I remembered most of the people's names - which is good going.

And i have something to share with those of you who heard Wyn say that he was retiring properly upon our move to Newtown. He was looking forwards to coming to church and not having any duties. Well, who was helping to move chairs after the service this morning! Yes, Wyn! No one asked him… he couldn't resist helping! I can see him getting quite involved in the Parish and I know that he'll be busy helping in more ways than one. good news for me and the Parish!

Must say cheerio for now… work to do.

Tan roc am nawr… mae gwaith yn galw.






2 comments:

  1. Ddim yn siwr o gwbl os ydan ni'n medru dy gyraedd trwy'r dull yma, ond mae Glynne a fi yn darllen pob blog hefo cymaint o ddiddordeb ...Ann a Glynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bydda yn dweud wrth am dro da gan y gamlas i Aberbechan. Bydd yn cymryd dau awr i cerdded. Y gobaith yw hyn yn gwneud synnwyr.

    ReplyDelete