Tuesday 25 February 2014

Ymateb i gais am wybodaeth parted datblygiadau o ran Ardal Cenhadaeth Cedewain / Request for information re the Mission Area development(s)

Wel, weid bod yma llai na mis… mae ambell un yn colli amynedd dwi yn credu ac yn eiddgar i wybod be di be ran digwyddiadau a datblygiadau o ran Ardal Cenhadaeth Cedewain… gan mai dyma oedd cais yr Eglwys yng nghymru o ran holi fi i baratoi blogg… i roi diweddariad ran hanas datblygu yr ardal Cenhadaeth!!!

Well, just a few days less than a month into my ministry here in the group of parishes of Llanllwchaiarn and Newtown with Aberhafesp, I have been approached regarding developments in respect of the Mission Area of Cedewain and what developments! I think that there may be some impatience… especially as i was asked by the church of Wales to write a blogg to record the developments of the Mission Area of Cedewain!

Before I proceed a huge apology re the photos that never appeared on the last blogg… just as well perhaps… they may well have caused the bishop reason to sack me!

Well, may I truly and honestly share… and without embarrassment or apology, that most, if not all, of my energy and attention for the last 25 days has been focused on the group of parishes that I am now responsible for… be it in dealing with churchyards and fallen trees, arranging services… and getting my head round the rota of work for three churches and numerous weekly engagements within the community.

However, I can report on some progress regarding The Cedewain Mission Area.

During the discussions regarding my potential appointment to the Newtown group of Parishes and as Mission Area Leader, I was informed that I would be joining a Deanery that was already on the way to being a Mission Area.

Upon arriving I came to the conclusion that we are indeed on the journey to becoming a Mission Area. The Mission Area / Deanery of Cedewain… pay the Fair Share collectively as a group… but although they pay as a collective group… they are all expected to pay their allocated fair share cost… and there is no arrangement as yet for the parishes who can afford to help those who cannot afford.

There are service sheets and booklets prepared with the heading - Deanery of Cedewain… rather than booklets carrying their own individual names as Churches or group of Churches. Baptism booklets have a Deanery heading… and so we are working in unison in these areas of ministry.

There is a monthly newsletter called - Cedewain… this is an information newsletter with details of services and rotas for the forthcoming month… and it also has snippets of news from the various parishes within the Mission Area.

There are Mission Area stalwarts among me here in Newtown… people who have already shared with me that they know that as Reader, Worship Leader, Pastoral Assistant… etc… they realise that there may/will be a need for them to work outside of their immediate Church and Parish… this is good news indeed!

I may have mentioned the change of times to our regular Sunday services here in my group of parishes… to enable me to have time to lead worship and share in community and fellowship with all the congregations I will encounter on Sunday mornings. The fifth Sunday… I am praying about as regards the future… a God given opportunity for me, as Mission Area Leader, to visit some of the Mission Area Churches within the Cedewain group… this will help me in my effort to gt to know the various parishes, churches etc…

I will have much more to share soon I hope… and plea… those of you who are prodding me… please continue to prod… or there may be no further news!!!

Diolch / Thanks,

More to come after certain prodding's have taken place…!!!!

Nia



1 comment:

  1. Diolch yn fawr, Nia. It's very helpful to hear an honest assessment of how the Mission Area is developing. We are always happy to come and share news of SW Tanganyika. Some Mission Areas find an external focus somthing that binds them together.

    ReplyDelete